The object and purpose for which the Opticians Association of Canada (OAC) has been formed is to safeguard the common interest of the profession. To that end the OAC,
1) Promotes and increases, by all lawful means and in the public interest, the delivery by its members of the highest quality of product and services.
2) Supports and promotes the highest standards of education and licensing for, Canadian Opticians
3) Provides a national medium through which a legislative voice speaking on behalf of Canadian Opticians may be heard.
4) Publishes journals, reports, pamphlets or other papers in support of its objectives.
5) Advocates for all objectives not inconsistent with the public interest for the benefit of Canadian Opticians.